Hello, if you are an author and are inquiring about a review then you are in the right place! I just recently added this section since I have been getting more and more review requests. First of all, thank you so much for considering me to review your book! This policy is subject to change at any time.
Review Requests: I am currently accepting review requests for August! I am currently full until the end of July.
Forms I accept: I do prefer physical copies. They are easier for me to read and I can usually read them quickly. Plus, I will also be posting a picture of the book on my Instagram account and it is usually better than just a screenshot of the cover. However, if a physical book is not possible, I will accept ebooks and audiobooks.
Genres: I am pretty open as far as genres go. I don’t usually reject any review requests based on the genre. However, I will require that authors send me a synopsis of their book to see if this is a book I would enjoy. Please don’t take it personally if I reject your book. I am currently reading about 3-7 books a week. I may just not have the time to read it or it may not be my cup of tea.
I do ask that if you are going to take the time to send me a review request, please make sure the book is properly edited! I can’t tell you how many times that I have opened the book and there are noticeable errors on the first page. Please, please, please edit before I review. If I find any errors, I will be mentioning it in my review.
*Authors of Children’s books. I will be reading these books to my children. If they don’t like it or don’t seem interested, I will be posting that in my review. Just be warned. They are more critical than I am.
The Process of Getting A Review:
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request and a brief synopsis of the book.
- If I accept, I will let you know and you can send me a copy of the book. (See above for accepted forms)
- I will give you a general timeframe of when I will be reading the book.
- I will then send you an email of the date when the review will go live. The day it goes live, I will also be posting the review on my Twitter account, Instagram account, Goodreads, and Amazon!
Review Scores: Please don’t focus on the star rating. I know many readers will just look at the rating and immediately judge the book. Please read the review before assuming. There have been times I have given a 1-star or 2-star rating but felt that the book had so much potential and it just needed a bit of work. I do use the 5-star system, sometimes I will use half stars if I feel that the book falls between stars.
- 5 stars: I loved the book! I will tell the world about it! The characters, storyline, and development are engaging!
- 4 stars: I really enjoyed the book! I will be recommending it!
- 3 stars: I enjoyed the book! There may be one or two issues with the book that either could use improvement or that just didn’t grab my attention.
- 2 stars: The book has potential! There could be grammatical errors, or the storyline not as engaging, or the characters were bland. Whatever the issue is, it made it difficult to read.
- 1 star: I did not enjoy the book. I finished it but it did not sit well with me.
I will never give a book 0 stars. If I cannot finish the book. (This is rare.) I will send you a private message explaining that this book may not be for me. Please be understanding. Sometimes there are books that may not work for me.
Please follow me on Instagram and Twitter as I will be posting my reviews there as well!
Please email me with any other questions! Thanks again!